Lactate threshold is the point where buildup of lactic acid begins. Your muscles are producing more lactic acid than the organs can clear. It is maximum effort level that an athlete can train at for a considerable amount of time.
- Used for all levels of endurance athletes
- For repetitive, longer duration sports
- Progressive intensity test
- Utilized for racing strategy
- Useful in determining training zones
Require that you give a blood sample (through a simple lancet device similar to what a person would use to test blood sugar levels) applied to a test strip and analyzed in a blood lactate analyzer.
Lactate testing takes approximately 45 minutes per discipline.